Roadmaster’s Even Brake® is the ultimate portable, proportional towed car braking system. It automatically increases or decreases braking pressure in direct proportion to the motorhome. In other words, it brakes evenly — at the same time, and at the same intensity, as you brake the motorhome.
Activated by a microprocessor that senses the motorhome’s deceleration, Even Brake is the most technologically-advanced system available. A self-diagnostic program continuously reports any braking activity, or a change in system status, to a three-tired wireless monitor in the motorhome. Automatic protection modes monitor the towed vehicle’s brakes and battery. And Even Brake automatically delivers maximum braking pressure in a ‘panic stop’ or a break away — Even Brake works the most when you need it the most.
A high-capacity air compressor is ready for the next stop nearly twice as fast as other systems.
Even Brake fits virtually all vehicles, connects and disconnects in under a minute, and has an adjustable brake pedal clamp and four independently-adjustable feet for a secure, stable platform.
An emergency break away system is included.
The monitor shows you:
• An LED display across the top of the monitor illuminates when Even Brake is applying the brakes, or if there is any change in the braking system. The LED display is a quick, visual reference — a green, yellow or red light.
• Simultaneously, an LCD text message directly below the LED explains the current braking condition, in complete detail.
The monitor tells you --
• In addition to the LED display and the LCD text message, an audio tone will alert you to an emergency braking condition.
Emergency break away system is included.
This system is designed to bring your vehicle to a controlled stop should it ever separate from your motorhome.
Constant self-diagnostic testing Even Brake monitors its own performance constantly, and any change in system status is transmitted to the motorhome monitor. Even Brake is the only supplemental braking system that checks itself, so you don’t have to — a glance at the monitor assures you that Even Brake is fully operational.
Even Brake adjusts to uphill or downhill grades, and to rough terrain, by automatically leveling itself. Because it’s always level, Even Brake always brakes with maximum efficiency.
Power Save - low battery protection
Even Brake warns you of a low battery in the towed vehicle with LED and LCD alerts at the motorhome monitor, giving you time to recharge the battery. If the battery’s voltage drops too low, Even Brake goes into sleep mode, while retaining emergency braking power.
Full-time proportional braking Proportional braking is even braking - your tow car’s brakes respond to your motorhome’s brakes, at the same time and intensity.
• Easily adjusts to individual braking preferences — adjust braking force and sensitivity at the touch of a button.
• On-board memory — even when unplugged, Even Brake will remember your adjustment settings, and will automatically level itself.
• Completely portable — easily transfers from vehicle to vehicle without expensive labor fees; connects and disconnects in seconds.
• Automatically delivers maximum braking pressure in an emergency or a break away situation — Even Brake works the most when you need it the most.
• Automatic brake protection — monitor alerts you after an extended period of continuous braking, then releases braking pressure, avoiding excessive wear on the towed vehicle’s brakes.
• Small and lightweight — fits virtually all vehicles, with plenty of elbow room under the steering wheel and dash.
• High-capacity air compressor — recovers quicker — ready for the next stop nearly twice as fast as other systems.
• Adjustable brake pedal clamp — fits brake pedals that other systems can’t.
• Adjustable monitor lights — bright for daytime driving; dimmer switch allows the monitor lights to be dimmed for nighttime driving.
• Four independently adjustable feet — for a stable platform in vehicles with uneven floors.